Next Generation Threat Prevention (NGTP) Firewall include the typical functions of traditional firewalls such as packet filtering, network- and port-address translation (NAT), stateful inspection, and virtual private network (VPN) support. The goal of next-generation firewalls is to include more layers of the OSI model, improving filtering of network traffic that is dependent on the packet contents.
NGTP Firewall is a part of the third generation of firewall technology, combining a traditional firewall with other network device filtering functions with enhancement technology such:
- User Base Filtering
- Application Firewall
- Website Filtering
- Intrusion Prevention System (IPS).
- TLS/SSL encrypted traffic inspection
- Network Antivirus Inspection
- Network AntiBot Inspection
- third-party identity management integration (i.e. LDAP, RADIUS, Active Directory)
- VPN Site to Site
- VPN for Mobile User
- Clustering for High Availability